Architecture, student and other types of large format portfolio printing.
Portfolio Printing in Nottingham
Portfolio printing is one of our specialities at Cycle Printworks.
We have been printing architecture portfolios, product design portfolios, photography portfolios, interior design, interior architecture and all sorts of other student portfolios for years.
We print onto a large selection of papers and styles to suit the need and desired look of your final panels.
To keep our prices low compared to high street stores and have your prints ready as fast as possible, we print most portfolio prints untrimmed. This means if you are printing an A2 or A1 portfolio the pages you receive will be slightly oversize and still have an approximate 5mm white margin around the print. This extra paper and oversized version of your panel can also be useful if you plan to mount your prints after receiving them.
If you’re local, you are welcome to use our professional guillotine for free, alternatively in the off season when we have the staff and time available we can trim your portfolio prints before you collect or before we ship them for a little extra.
If you’d like to trim them yourself then select the crop marks option when adding them to your basket ( this doesn’t apply to cartridge, watercolour and Bristol board A2 and A1 sheets as they are are printed onto pre-cut sheets, not from a roll like all other papers).
- 90gsm matt coated paper
- 180gsm matt coated paper
- 230gsm matt coated paper
- 260gsm satin photo paper
- Satin is recommended for prints with black backgrounds
- 260gsm gloss photo paper
- Cartridge paper
- Watercolour Paper
- Bristol board
- A2 Portfolio Printing
- A1 Portfolio Printing
- A0 Portfolio Printing
- Custom sizes and printed banners also available, please contact us for a quote.
The cartridge paper and Bristol Board both come in flat sheets at exact A2 and A1 size, so no trimming is required. This does mean however, you need to take into account the printer margins, as we can’t print them full bleed. With paper types that come on a roll, we are able to print them at the exact size you send your files across at 100% onto oversized paper, which can be trimmed down to create a borderless effect. For more information about this check out the file preparation and print guide.
Double & Single Sided Printing
All of our large format portfolio prints are single sided only. This is because most papers are coated with a finish on one side of the paper.
For an easy to browse price list for the portfolio printing options you can refer to our student architecture printing price list.
Special Note to Nottingham Architecture Students:
Please don’t order this service online last minute or within 1 week of a department deadline, instead contact us directly via telephone or text to make a booking. This way we can accomodate you more quickly and find you a specific print slot and upload time, potentially splitting your portfolio into batches depending on the size.
- Please allow 2 days for your online portfolio order to be printed and shipped, although we often print it quicker.
- If you are in a rush please sit down and calculate exactly how many panels you need and at what sizes, figure out how soon you can have them prepared ready to upload, then contact us with your exact requirements to discuss booking a specific print slot. We can arrange print slots with a turnaround time as short as a few hours, subject to confirming a booking and print slot availability.
- Click and collect locally from Lenton, Nottingham – Free.
- 24 to 48 hour courier post anywhere in the UK in a protective box or tube – £10
How it works printing your portfolio when ordering online
- Purchase your portfolio prints and complete the checkout.
- The quantity added to your basket should reflect the exact number of pages in your portfolio.
- During checkout select if you’d like to collect from us locally in Lenton, Nottingham or if you’d like us to post your prints.
- Upload your artwork to us.
- PDF is fine if you made it using office software such as Word, PowerPoint or Publisher. Use ‘PDF for print’ if the option is available.
- If you used graphics software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) please send every panel as a separate 300dpi maximum quality CMYK jpeg.
- Read and follow our file prep guidelines for full details and rename each of your files accordingly before uploading.
- Have a cup of tea and a biscuit because you finished your work and deserve a break.
- We print your portfolio work as soon as possible and then call or text you to let you know when your work is ready to collect if you are local, or get it straight in the post if you’re elsewhere.
- You present your incredible portfolio at the academic presentation or that big interview, you get some awesome grades or land the dream job, then you continue grace the world with your creativity :-)
To order offline
- If you are unsure of anything or have any questions please contact us to book a print slot via telephone or text, you can then upload your files any time before your print slot and pay on collection.